Panama City Report (5/7/2006) - Black Bart and bridge span #14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s

Contributor
Reaction score
Well. Had a good weekend diving in PCB with Dive Sports.

I met up with them Sunday monring for the 2 tank dive ( with the old Hydrospace boats which are now owned by Panama City Dive Center), though they dove Saturday afternoon (Night really) and at Vortex earlier that day.

Sunday Morning we left after a slight delay and headed out to the Black Bart. We then 'relaxed' on the boat while the crew tried to retrieve the anchor line. (they forgot to tie it off before they threw it over). Alas they found it and we were tied into the wreck (by the boats propeller). So after a little while the crew was able to cut the rope away but had difficutly in picking it up to tie off since they had no boat hook. oh well. By this time another boat had shown up, tied into the wreck, and sent divers down. So we just tied into their boat and finally got into the water after about an hour wait.

Dive 1 - Black Bart. 79ft max - 40 minutes. 50' vis. almost no current (on wreck). temp on wreck about 72f. Great dive. Lots of angel fish feading and lots of sheeps heads. various other fish, but not numerous.

Dive 2 - Hathway Bridge span #14. 41minutes at 75ft(max). vis worse at about 25'. almost no current on wreck. Angel fish again and other fish. nice Jew fish hiding under the end of the bridge. Ben estimated it at about 40 pounds.

So, two great dives and overall a great day of diving even with the problems encountered earlier in the day.

I've got some pics, but need to get them re-sized before I upload them.

so when do we get to go again?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom