Panama City - First dive trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RoadWarrior

Contributor
Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a dive operator in Panama City? This will be our first trip and we're going there in about 3 weeks. We don't like cattle boats - we're rec divers.

Would also appreciate any comments about shore diving off the jetties.

Thanks........

I second that. They are a 12 pack, about $60 for an inshore, $70 for offshore I think. Ive been out with them a few times and had a great time. Call up Divers Den to get signed up. THis is their boat

60530026.JPG

We always go with Hydrospace Dive Shop . They have large (42-64 foot) roomy boats, I believe they were oil rig tenders in a previous life. There is a nice below deck area with seating that looks like restaurant booths plus there is seating on top of that area if you want to get some sun. They even have a shower on deck :) You could call it a cattle boat but find out how many people are going to be on it first. We had 8-10 divers when we went out last June and there was definitely room to comfortably accomodate 4-6 more without being crowded. They even let us fish during the surface interval (requires a fishing license) with poles the crew had brought.

I definitely recommend doing some of the offshore wrecks, we ended up changing our dive plan the last time we were down there to add more offshore sites.
Ber :lilbunny:

Ber Rabbit:
We always go with Hydrospace Dive Shop . They have large (42-64 foot) roomy boats, I believe they were oil rig tenders in a previous life. There is a nice below deck area with seating that looks like restaurant booths plus there is seating on top of that area if you want to get some sun. They even have a shower on deck :) You could call it a cattle boat but find out how many people are going to be on it first. We had 8-10 divers when we went out last June and there was definitely room to comfortably accomodate 4-6 more without being crowded. They even let us fish during the surface interval (requires a fishing license) with poles the crew had brought.

I definitely recommend doing some of the offshore wrecks, we ended up changing our dive plan the last time we were down there to add more offshore sites.
Ber :lilbunny:
I'm diving Panama City for the first time in June, meeting up with another diver who has been there once before and recommended we use Hydrospace. He was pleased with their service, boat, and the dive sites they went to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom