Panama City Dive Sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SouthernSCUBA

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I have been diving PC off and on for a number of years but last September I moved my dive boat there. I am interested in hearing from others about interesting but seldom seen sites. I have GPS numbers on the Bay County artificial reef sites but like to expore new sites, also do some spearfishing.

Also interested in meeting other divers in the area.

There are several GPS numbers in Ned Deloach's Underwater Guide to Florida - you may want to check the book out - its packed full of info.

I agree. That's a great book.

If they don't have it at your LDS, you can pick it up at Books A Million.
http://www.booksamillion.com/ncom/books?id=3118126892769&isbn=1878348396

BTW... he published a new edition in Oct 2004. I have the 2000 copy so I don't know what's different. The new one is cheaper also. So check out the date on which one your LDS might have in stock.

mike_s:
I agree. That's a great book.

If they don't have it at your LDS, you can pick it up at Books A Million.
http://www.booksamillion.com/ncom/books?id=3118126892769&isbn=1878348396

BTW... he published a new edition in Oct 2004. I have the 2000 copy so I don't know what's different. The new one is cheaper also. So check out the date on which one your LDS might have in stock.

Thanks, Ned's book is a classic, I have multiple editions of it. Also one called "Reefs Rigs and Wrecks" by Tom Bailey, and "Florida Shipwrecks" by Daniel and Denise Berg.

Florida Fish and Wildlife maintains data on artifical reef sites and there is a database of underwater obstructions that is searchable, I think maintained by the USGS.

Don't get me wrong there are lots of great sites documented in these resources and I have not been to all of them by any means.

I guess what I am looking for is "new" sites, perhaps GPS numbers for significant structure that is un-named or known but lesser visted sites. You don't need to post your secret numbers, send me private mail, perhaps we can trade numbers, or you can join us in checking them out.

Also descriptions of less frequently visited sites. The ones the operators out of PC do not visit. I have not tried Warsaw hole yet. I have also gone looking for several airplanes by have not been able to find them on my bottom machine. Not much profile I guess. How about the Army tanks? I think they are the focus of my next trip.

Ill have to remember to check out your boat this summer with my dive club. You can handle tech stuff too, I assume? Im a DM too if you ever need any help. Ive been on many of the sites out there, but dont have any uniqe numbers. You might try getting Mike Barnettes Shipwrecks of the SUnshine State. It had a lot of numbers in it.

jviehe:
Ill have to remember to check out your boat this summer with my dive club. You can handle tech stuff too, I assume? Im a DM too if you ever need any help. Ive been on many of the sites out there, but dont have any uniqe numbers. You might try getting Mike Barnettes Shipwrecks of the SUnshine State. It had a lot of numbers in it.

Thanks for the link I will compare the numbers to the ones I have ...

You can check out my boat at www.southernscuba.com, installing a dive platform next time I haul her.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom