Panama City Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to SB first of all.

I can't comment on PCB firsthand, but send a PM to darcy, she dove the St. Andrew Jetties(PCB) this past weekend.

I did dive Destin's jetties, saw tons of stinging nettles. Visibility was good, so we dodged em for the most part. I did get hit a few times, but I'm pretty sure they were from stray tentacles floating mid water. At almost 60' we were at the bottom of the pass and just resting on our backs looking up. We could see clear to the surface of the water and observed several dozen jellyfish swimming midwater at all depths. It was quite beautiful :)

Dove Alabama Point Jetties(Orange Beach, AL - just west of Perdido Key, FL) the previous Sunday and they were out over there as well.

I just got back from a weekend in PCB. Viz wasn't the greatest for a few of the dives (Strength was the worst), but the others were decent. I'll probably post a topic about the trip in the next day or two. I only noticed a couple of jellyfish on my last dive at the Barge while hanging out at my safety stop.

St Andrews Jetties on the 7th, I didnt see a single one. Hows the strength, did the hurricane mess it up?

jviehe:
St Andrews Jetties on the 7th, I didnt see a single one. Hows the strength, did the hurricane mess it up?
Viz was so poor on my dive that I couldn't really see more than a few feet - not enough for me to really make much of the ship. I heard that some other divers went out the next day and had better viz. In general, within 3 - 5 ft from the bottom the water was pretty murky. We dove 3 bridge spans where there was pretty good viz at the top, but by the time you got to the sand it was not quite as good. Viz on the barge was pretty good and so was the hovercraft.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom