Palawan on September and strip fines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

G~Diver

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to be in the Philippines from mid September to October.
Is it possible (and worth it) to go to Palawan at this time of year, or the dives and the weather will be probably better at the Visayas at this time of the year?
Does Strip fins are common? Should I bring my booties?

Mid-September's just around the bend. So have you decided already? Coron in Northern Palawan is better known for its wrecks than its reefs, so if you're a reef person then Central Visayas would be a better choice. Panglao/Balicasag Island in Bohol and Dumaguete/Apo Island in Negros Oriental offer some of the best reefs in the Philippines.

BTW, what in the world are strip fins?

I have 24 days in the Philippines, it think I'll spend few days in: Malapscua,Bohol, Dumaguete,Boracay and then to north Luzon or the Coron if the weather won't be good in the north.
How much time do you think I should spend in each place ? If you had 24 days in September where would you go?

Strip fines are fines that you wear boots on your legs, and tie the boot to the fines with strip, on regular fines you just wear the fines on your bare foot. I'm sure you know what it is, you probably call it with different name.

G~Diver:
I have 24 days in the Philippines, it think I'll spend few days in: Malapscua,Bohol, Dumaguete,Boracay and then to north Luzon or the Coron if the weather won't be good in the north.
How much time do you think I should spend in each place ? If you had 24 days in September where would you go?

Strip fines are fines that you wear boots on your legs, and tie the boot to the fines with strip, on regular fines you just wear the fines on your bare foot. I'm sure you know what it is, you probably call it with different name.

I admit I'm struggling to believe you're serious... strip fines would have to be related to strip poker some how, no?

Strap fins would be what you use for diving. try www.dictionary.com :)

matt_reed:
strip fines would have to be related to strip poker some how, no?

You won't know until you tray it..it sounds fun when you think about it..
(That's what happen when you pick the wrong word from the dictionary when you translate something...)

G~Diver:
You won't know until you tray it..it sounds fun when you think about it..
(That's what happen when you pick the wrong word from the dictionary when you translate something...)
ok... filtering all this through the old sock...here we go...

fins are totally your preference (what you want)... i like using booties (strip fines) because if i have to walk into the water (shore entry) or onto the beach from a boat then i don't have to worry about sharp rocks

some people prefer full-foot because they're faster and lighter... and for other reasons...

if you are planning to rent fins (fines) then bring your booties because many dive operators rent out open-heel fins

Jag

i thought they were called bar fines not strip fines?

Where is larry the ol pro when you need him?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom