Palawan in July-too rainy to risk a trip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opalobsidian

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello!

My husband and I will be in Sabah in July 2010. I was very excited by the possibility of making a trip over to Palawan to go diving but then discovered that July is the rainy season in the Philippines! noooooooooo

Would you, in my situation, risk a trip to Palawan in July? If it's not raining, will the weather be more hot and steamy than it is otherwise?

Thanks!
Pamela

Well, I was on one of the Explorer Liveaboards late season May to Tubbataha Reefs and the return voyage back to Puerto Princesa in stormy Sulu Sea waters was the roughest passage I've ever experienced (I fell out of my bunk three times because of the ships rolling). . . but if you expect and are satisfied with the reduced visibility (land sediment run-off) at some of the resort based dive ops with sheltered dive sites around that time frame, then be prepared and have a great time!

what part of palawan? I went to Coron in July - rained only 1 day out of the 8 I stayed there. And the rain passes pretty quickly there. Descended into Barracuda lake in rain and surfaced to sunshine.

Thanks! From the photos I've seen online, Palawan looks gorgeous and I'd love to see it, sounds like it could be a go!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom