Palau pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BSOD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Went to Palau a few weeks ago, using some of the suggestions (Sam's Tours, and the West Plaza Malakal) I found here lurking/searching, and thought I'd share a few pics.

(One of?) The resident Napoleon Wrasse(s) @ Blue Corner

Fruitbat, a local delicacy (gotta try it, right?)

Gotta go here for their burgers and shakes - their fries aren't bad either.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice shots! Looks like you had a blast!

Love the Manta and Dolphin pics on your Flickr account - talk about close! I'm very jealous!

Z...

Wonderful shots!

What did Fruit Bat taste like? I was too chicken to try it....

Nice shots! Looks like you had a blast!

Z...

Thanks

Wonderful shots!

What did Fruit Bat taste like? I was too chicken to try it....

Tastes like chicken :D Just kidding - no, I thought it tasted like gamey pork.

This was my first dive trip, so I don't have any other shops/experiences to compare it to, but here's my $0.02:

West Plaza Malakal - Decent basic housing, and my room was rather spacious. Friendly and helpful front desk staff. It's about a 10-15 minute walk to Sam's, and it's pretty close to Neco Marine too. Sam's (and I assume other shops) has free pickup/dropoff services though. The only downside was that it's not really within walking distance of the main downtown area, so you need to cab (or drive if you rented a car) downtown, where a majority of the restaurants and shops are. Of course the upside of this is it's in a quieter area, so I guess it depends on what you're looking for.

Sam's Tours - Excellent front desk staff, and the dive guides were friendly and helpful too. The kayaking tours are a great way to spend your pre-flight day (or if you want to take a break from diving one day), and give you a different perspective of the islands you're normally buzzing through on the dive boats.

We were there at the same time and your pictures are sooo much better than ours. Your Jellyfish Lake shots are just gorgeous!

Thanks - Part of the JFL shots are just luck. When I went there a second day, it was more crowded (with people), less sun, and the water didn't seem as clear as the first day.

No. I'm not sure exactly what it's called, but it's just a surface line with floats on it, presumably to cordon off part of the harbor. It's similar to what's used to separate lanes in a swimming pool.

BSOD, nice pics... great set you got there.

Hey, I recognize that black manta... same markings... beautiful creature ain't it? :D

2137125771_6ae6dd2c34.jpg

1483959135_bf33b1dd90.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom