palau photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yusmar, that particular photo was taken at blue holes which is one of the more popular dives in palau and turns into a nice drift dive to hook into blue corner. Blue holes was the only dive that was overcrowded that entire trip. The vast majority of the time we had dive sites all to ourselves. The blue corner dive had between 30 and 50 people which made sea life non-existant for the most part on the wall drift over to blue corner. It is a beautiful dive and definitely nice for photography, just a bit crowded between 10 and 2 which is when the sunlight bursts through to the sea floor some 80 feet below.

You have some really nice shot there. Actually most of them.
I also like a lot the blue cavern and the big Napoleon fish.

Thank for sharing.

Who have you been with. I suppose it was a Live-Aboards trip. Did you like it. Any link? I am thinking to put Palau or Micronesia in general as dive spot where to go within a year.

I was also back from Palau (Mar 26 - Apr 2). I live in the Big Blue Explorer. Where did you live in Palau?

My Palau photo is in my website below.

thanks for the nice comments. we were in palau for 10 days with 7 of those onboard the aggressor. eveyrything about that boat was amazing- food, rooms, etc, but above all the crew was outstanding. cannot shower enough praise on each and every one of them. we had ideal conditions as there were only 10 onboard as opposed to 18 divers which made everything much easier. still, it won't be long before we're back.

as to gear, i was using a canon digital rebel (a300) in an aquatica housing with a pair of inon z220 strobes, various lenses all week but predominantly the canon 10-22 WA.

Excellent pictures, Lee. Very enjoyable. One of these days I need to get there.

My wife and I just got back from Palau ourselves (3/21 - 3/31). We were on the Ocean Hunter (OH). We thought about the Aggressor but we wanted a more intimate trip. The OH only sleeps 6 divers and on our trip there were only five of us and three crew. This was the ultimate way to go. With only 6 of us diving (the 5 of us and a dive guide) we were never in a crowd. We made all of our dives from right from the boat platform and the only time we used the tender was on the night dives. The crew was excellent and knowledgably. We made our first dives at 7 AM so we always had the best dive sites to ourselves. The couple of times when the other live-aboards were at the same dive site at 7 AM, we just moved on to another unoccupied location. The crew on OH were the best, we always had hot towels when we got out of the water, as well as meals or snacks and fresh fruit smoothies every afternoon. The OH offered truly unlimited diving and unlimited Nitrox. We made 4 & 5 dives a day. The crew mentioned that on their previous trip one diver made 6 dives a day. Ocean Hunter is the only way to go!!!!!

Excellent pics by the way!!

Marc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom