Palau / Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mesje

Registered
Reaction score
I am planning t visit Asia in March for 2 weeks and primarly I wanted to travel Philippines, but I have heard that Palau is the best in underwater life. So I am considering to replace my plans to visit Bohol and instead of ii to go to Palau for a couple of days. Is Palau much better for snorkeling and diving then Philippines (Bohol), or it is almost comparable ? Is diving in Palau also for beginners (for example in Blue Corner) ? Is 5 days enough to visit the best places in Palau (especially snorkeling and a little bit diving) ? Another option is 7 days for Palau, but then I would have only 6 days for all Philippines (El Nido in Palawan + Donsol for whale sharks).... If I add more days for Palau, i would have to reduce time for Philippines... What would you recommend me?

You need to fill out your profile before one could answer your ?? How many dives do you have? what is your cert level?? You would be wasting your time doing couple of days in Palau. I would do one place or the other because you would waste 2 to 3 days travel time going between PI and Palau.

Dale
Still on a little Rock in the Pacific

I am beginner with 3 sea dives and 6 lake dives.

Hi Mesje,

Bohol - especially Alona Beach area is supposed to be really nice. My husband and I are headed that way in February. Based on the fact that you are a beginner, I would suggest sticking with Bohol. ...Balicsag Island is a 30 minute boat ride from Alona beach and is well known for it's spectacular reefs. There are also Dive safari's that you can take from there

While it is tempting to try and cram alot into a vacation, why don't you save Palau for when you have a little more dive experience and have your AOW certification. Then you can use the $ that you would be spending on a plane trip to Palau and upgrade your hotel?

Good luck with your decision.

I think Carhill is right, but feel free to send me a private message. I have lived in Palau for 2 years.

Cheers,
Leroy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom