Palau or Fiji?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove Palau aggressor and NAIA in Fiji. Both were great. We do not do photography, but all those macro people seemed quite happy on both boats. Of course certain sites were more pelagic oriented on both boats. Saw a school of hammerheads in Fiji in Bligh Channel. Saw too many sharks to count in Palau.

I personally thought the coral was even more outstanding in Fiji.

Btw, if you combine Palau with a trip to yap, make sure it's during a full moon.

Fiji wins for coral and macro. Palau for big stuff. Palau has a bit better mix IMHO but you may be flying around in currents too strong for macro. On the other hand the Somosomo strait has currents every bit as strong. You are choosing between two flavors of my favorite malts. Flip a coin, you can't lose. Where ever you end up you will have spectacular diving and photographic opportunities. You just go to the other one after this trip. You want to go to both anyway. If you are going in July - August I would lean toward Fiji as it puts you in typhoon season in Palau. Palau is better in Feb or March. Even though they are rock islands so rain does little to vis the boat will be more pleasant. I too was in Palau and on the Aggressor. The Dancer was moored next to it. They are virtually identical. I thought the Dancer had slightly nicer flooring from the little I could see of it. Flooring and rails were the only visible differences.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom