Palau in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Dear members,
I’m seriously thinking about booking a LOB in Palau in August (spawning event) as I’ll be SEAsia for work and can easily fly to Koror via Manila, and also take advantage of a 50% reduced price special offer. I’ve read that August is off-season, and that visibility can drop considerably because of wind and rainfall. Has anyone had first-hand experience with diving in Palau in the summer months? Is it worth it, or better to go from October to May?
Thanks!

I was there a few years back in mid-September but don't remember any significant rainfall. We did have some wind from a typhoon passing to the north.

Just got back from there (late/May early June) . Viz wasn’t great, probably 40-50 feet. It didn’t matter as much for diving, but there was a lot of Backscatter in the wide angle photos. They had a lot of rain before we got there and a decent amount while we were there.

I looked back and this was my third time in late May/early June and I have been there twice in early September. This was probably the worst trip for visibility but it only mattered for some wide angle photos , was totally fine for just diving. Like I said it was probably 40-50 feet viz. It was an awesome trip overall—my friends and I had a great time and look forward to going back. We did one week with Aggressor and one week with Sam’s tours. Hoping to post some photos over next few days

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom