Palau as newbie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What would you recommend wearing for our dives in Palau? In Guam, we just dive in bathing suits and rash guards but I'm anticipating longer days on the boat and possibly colder water. I do get a little cold toward the end of dives here.

I was there in Sept on a 10 day live aboard and was comfy in my 3mm full suit.

I would definitely bring a jacket with hood to pull over it for the long ride back if you're going to be land based.

When I was there (July 2014) I also opted for the 3mm fullsuit and felt fine with it. But others were Diving Shorts and Rash-Guard as well and had no problems.
However I almost always opt for something covering the whole body.

3mm surf suit and you will be fine.

M

We are just finishing up our trip, and it was amazing. I had no issues and Fish n Fins was fantastic. Did Ullong, German Channel (manta rays!), Blue Hole and Blue Corner along with a few others. And we got to check out Jellyfish Lake which was amazing. For anyone thinking of going, it's definitely worth it. So many sharks and fish and beautiful coral. I think someone said it would make me a more comfortable diver, and it totally did...but it also made me love diving more!

I wore a 3 mm shortie and wished I had the full suit for any future readers of his thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom