Palau Aggressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Broad spectrum antibiotics, bandaids and vaseline (or some folks use duct tape) for fins/booties blisters, sea seasickness meds if you are prone to seasickness. Other assorted painkillers in case of fever/headache etc.

I would have loved to have an extra pair of booties, just to give each pair a chance to dry out a little more. Definitely great to have more than one wetsuit or a wetsuit and a skin.

Decent shoes and longsleeve rashguard for sun protection to go to jellyfish lake. The hike is short but semi-steep and can be slippery.

Have a great time!

I did two weeks back-to-back on the Palau Aggressor in Sept/Oct 07. Loved the diving, the boat, the crew. Boyet and Hector were the best two dive guides of any dive trip I've been on. In fact, half of the crew switched out from week one to week two, and everyone on each crew were spectacular. Great food too, from Chef Scott! You will love the entire week.

I had never done reef hook-in before either, and the divemaster does a detailed explaination after dinner the night before your first hook-in. The divemasters will make sure you get hooked in correctly. I was very nervous, but all worked out well and it was a blast flying up through the channel after you unhook. That was the absolute best. If the current is real, real strong when you are hooked in, keep your face pointed straight into it. Otherwise hold on to your mask!

Good suggestion for footwear to Jellyfish Lake. However, I am no hiker, and I did the trail in my hard sole dive booties without any problem.

This is a trip of a life time. I first signed up for one week, then decided to stay aboard for a second (since they said they had the space, lucky me) because of the time and cost of getting there. I figured it would be my one and only trip to Palau. I got in 44 dives during the two weeks on board. And I know that I will go back and do another two weeks on the Palau Aggressor again. It was that good.

Have a blast!:D

And don't touch the poison tree on the way to Jellyfish Lake! :) Yes, it does exist, but easy to avoid. Yes, footwear to Jellyfish Lake would be good as it's a coral island so it's sharp. Booties should work but you can bring others.

I did the Bilikiki in the Solomons (Guadalcanal) in 2006. Cool stuff there too.

Aggressor has plenty of hangers available for all your suits etc. at your station.

The Palau Aggressor was my first (of many I hope) liveaboard trip. Best dive trip so far.

Used my reef hook on the Blue Corner on my B-Day in 2007, truly the most awesome dive.

The crew, diving, food and location were all excellent!

I one thing I wished I brought was another long suit for night dives, putting on a wet suit for the last dive of the day made me all the colder.

Hope you have a great trip.

Vanessar

These have been amazing suggestions! I have a running list going now as we leave a week from tomorrow (yeah!). I am still nervous about the reef hooking but I'm sure will feel better when it's under my belt so to speak.
Thanks for all the help everyone!
Deb

Hope, like me, you come back and say 'I had such a great time I'd spend the money all over again'.

Have a great trip.

vanessar

Deb,

Have a wonderful, wonderful week on the Palau Aggressor.

Please say a big hello for me to Hector and Boyet, two of the divemasters who were on the boat last September/October when I stayed aboard for two weeks back-to-back. Ask Hector if he ever found a new housing for his camera.

Let us know what you think after you return.

Enviously,
Marta

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom