Palau aggressor and what else?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Honestly, I wouldn't do two weeks back to back on the Palau Aggressor. I think you'll find that you do Blue Corner a lot, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but the area has much more to offer overall. Yap is very different from Palau and is an easy and economical add-on to a trip to Palau. Personally, I've enjoyed staying at Trader's Ridge and have also asked dive ops to show me more than just the typical manta dives. I also have to say that I've enjoyed land based diving in Palau, usually with Sam's. The trips to sites can be long but are usually scenic rides through the Rock Islands. I also would not miss booking at least one kayaking/snorkeling trip in the Rock Islands. As far as Truk (Chuuk) a liveaboard is the only way to go, IMHO. Truk Stop is not someplace I'd want to stay for any length of time. The island itself is a little on the 'rough' side. Also, if you try to do Palau and Truk on the same trip, prepare to spend a day traveling via Guam between the two. Although they're not far apart, as the crow flies, it can take the better part of the day.

If I had a month to spend, I'd probably start with a few days in Yap, head to the Palau Aggressor, then fly to Truk and get on the Odyssey, and wrap things up with a few days in Pohnpei for R&R. I stayed at the Village in Pohnpei and loved it - although I do have to say I haven't been there in years now.

Edit: Just realized the OP stated the trip was all locked in now. I'm sure you'll have a great time! If you're like me, it won't be the last time you visit Palau and other areas in Micronesia! Do try to get a day in kayaking and snorkeling in the Rock Islands. You won't regret it.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom