PAL to start a new intra-island budget airline

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But does anyone know if there are any other international carriers that fly routinely to the US out of Mactan-CEB?

Nothing direct but you could look into:

Cathay Pacific (via Hong Kong)

Korean Airlines (via Seoul)

EVA & China Airlines (via Taipei)

not sure if NWA or United have any direct flights from their Tokyo hub to Cebu.

I do the same, never been checked on any airline.
FYI though on the tiny intra-islands like sea air and asian spirit - on my trip to coron a couple years back they weighed our stuff THEN US...

i knew at that moment i should have lain off the chocolate cake the night before...

on a serious side though, it's not even that you can ship your stuff out on the next flight, because usually there is no next flight...

Jag

yeah but did his check in baggage make it to Macau... snicker...

I think I've been carrying that same amount in my carryon as well. Now I've got a bum left shoulder... Luckily I'll have a dive sherpa with me on futures trips, I mean fiance...:11::coffee:
i've emailed her a link to this post...

i expect you'll have to sherpa her around the mall now hehehehehe

Jag

yea...actually, I couldn't find the article that I had read which only talked about how PAL was downgraded (it was a US news outlet, I forget which one) Any ways, it wasn't until I read the Manila Times article that I realized it was the entire network of PI carriers.

But does anyone know if there are any other international carriers that fly routinely to the US out of Mactan-CEB?
PAL released a statement clarifying that THEY were not downgraded...

sure, pass it off as PR or whatnot but at least PAL flights don't get shot down by russian jet fighters...

Jag

PAL released a statement clarifying that THEY were not downgraded...

sure, pass it off as PR or whatnot but at least PAL flights don't get shot down by russian jet fighters...

Oh, that's just one of MANY Korean Air inflight incidents...

check out Korean Air incidents and accidents - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for a complete list of their incident record...aside from all the people dying, it is pretty funny. For example, one of their planes in '89 landed with the gear up because they forgot to put it down...but the best part of the story was when the pilot asked the co-pilot to remove the fuse for the landing gear alarm because the buzzer was "irritating and distracting" him while he was attempting to land.

I hope the increase in PAL domestic flights out of CEB leads to more HKG-CEB flights, it would be nice to have a flight I don't have to take off work to catch on a Friday.

And as someone else pointed out, it will be great to be able to change planes somewhere else besides NAIA. If you don't fly PR and have to change to a domestic flight its a huge pain in my rather generously sized behind.

Drew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom