Pairing second location with Puerto Galera, end of May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

Planning my first trip to Philippines, probably end of May for two weeks.
I wanted to pick couple of different destinations for diving and other activities as I can't imagine myself in one spot for two weeks.
Generally, I am very active when traveling and OK to change destinations even if it costs me one full transit day as long as I end up somewhere interesting to explore.
Diving would be my primary reason for travel but I like food, hiking, outdoors experiences and rather active holidays.

I was thinking to go to Puerto Galera as it seems to be an easy first spot with generally good intro to diving in Philippines (my first time in this country).

As for second pairing location, Anilao seems to be the closest and good pair, but it seems to me that it keeps me in just one part of the country. I am ok to travel a day to see something else and go somewhere further.

Looking for some advice what would be a good second destination that would be reachable in one day, good for diving end of May and give us a different taste of the country as well as maybe some other experiences outside of scuba diving.

Any thoughts on the second destination?

Probably Bohol might fit your requirement. Good above water activities, not the busy season so you should be able to easily hit Balicasag Island. Plus it's just a short flight from Manila. And you can literally be off the plane and to the dive shop in a half hour.

I'd personally recommend Philippines Fun Divers, been there twice and always treated me well. Good boat as well, and they often sell empty seats to other shops. Ole is also a wicked instructor and guide.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom