Paint for a dive light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drkwing

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, I have a UK primary and back up light and I was wondering if there is a paint out there that would work well to paint them. The neon green plastic does not go well with the burgundy on my suit.

I have used regular plasitc model paint on mine before. I didn't paint the whole thing though so I don't know what it will look like after a few dives.

Vinyl dye available at most automotive accessory shops does a very good job of painting plastics. It comes in spray cans and costs about 10.00 US

I used a can to change the color of the bezel for my computer monitor. It worked well and does not chip off.

It almost seems to chemically bond to the plastic.

It comes in many colors (primarily used to color vinyl trim pieces in a car)

Kelsey

Thanks alot, i'll have to look into that!

What color would you paint it, burgandy to match? Black? Neon green seems like a perfectly functional color for a light - easy to find in a dive bag of black gear, or if you drop it someplace - presumably why bright yellow and green are commonly available choices for lights. Why bother?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom