Painful tingling in my hands...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My physical therapist recommended specific changes to my weight lifting routines, especially using a rolled towel to support my neck while doing any work lying on a bench.

My weight lifting is really light. I keep my feet on the bench to prevent stress on my lower back, but so far haven't adjusted anything for my neck- but I only bench 40 pounds at this point. I only mentioned weight lifting in the respect that I can carry tanks without strain.

My situation may be unrelated, but here's an opinion. About a year prior to my PFO diagnosis I developed painful tingling in my hands and feet while diving. The same would occur while in air conditioned environments. My hands and feet would also turn purple. Dr. said it was likely Reynaud's. I had the PFO fixed and the painful tingling completely disappeared. A Dr. said it was unrelated. But it was too coincidental not to be.

Thanks for the note Amazz. Next time I am at the Dr. I'll ask about it; however, since the symptoms are presenting the same as my existing nerve damage, I'm certain it is tied to that. I just was wondering if diving is aggravating it someway. More likely, it was the gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom