Padi Travel Network??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveFass

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
A little advice please? I missed out on the big July SB group trip to Utila and I'm looking for something similar (warm water, large group, no hurricanes). My local buddies can't go anywhere so I'm looking for a low priced group trip to join. Cruising the internet I stumbled across this on the Padi site. I have been curious about Roatan for a while.

Any opinions at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Fantasy Island Beach Resort
Special: Society Singles in Roatan
Valid: September 3-10, 2005
Price: from $625 per diver, double occupancy
Includes: Includes 7 nights, 6 days of 3-tank boat dives, unlimited shore diving, 3 meals daily, airport transfers, parties, games, great fun and more!

SteveFass:
A little advice please? I missed out on the big July SB group trip to Utila and I'm looking for something similar (warm water, large group, no hurricanes). My local buddies can't go anywhere so I'm looking for a low priced group trip to join. Cruising the internet I stumbled across this on the Padi site. I have been curious about Roatan for a while.

Any opinions at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Fantasy Island Beach Resort
Special: Society Singles in Roatan
Valid: September 3-10, 2005
Price: from $625 per diver, double occupancy
Includes: Includes 7 nights, 6 days of 3-tank boat dives, unlimited shore diving, 3 meals daily, airport transfers, parties, games, great fun and more!

1) FIBR is in no way like anything on Utila.

2) Quite often, you can book FIBR for even cheaper than $625. They sometimes run two-fer specials. In the period specified, their rack rate is $775, so the PADI rate is less.

Errrmmm... I am new here, so I don't know the protocols for discussing specific resorts... so, pleading ignorance:

Do NOT go to FIBR. Period. The rooms are so-so, and that';s the best I can say. The food makes Howard Johnson's seem gourmet, the staff seemingly hate life, and the dive shop... my god, can we say deathtrap? :( My wife was still renting gear when we were there: Her BCD *popped* at 80 feet one day, the o-ring on her first stage *blew* on the next, and thus we were OUTTA THERE!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom