PADI Tec 40 and doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I want to do tec. I’m going to start up the GUE ladder at some point, but have PADI OW and AOW, as I said in my early post my interest in PADI tec is because of my proximity to a PADI tec shop this summer. I’m asking about doubles because if it is done in doubles that would be an easy way to get my first exposure to doubles.

I’m glad you mentioned why you were going the PADI Tec route because the DIR under your avatar and PADI Tec don’t mesh well in my mind.

For divers who are experienced and meet the tec 40 prerequites, the Deep specialty does not add any value unless you cannot otherwise meet the prerequisites. We normally do deep dives off of our boat in the gulf but sometimes have to go to Travis because of weather or mechanical issues. If that happens we credit the diver with a free offshore trip.

TDI Intro to Tec is closer to PADI Discover Tec. With PADI TEC 40, you are allowed to do up to 10 minutes of deco and use up to 50% o2 and 130 feet.

TDI intro to tec is a no decompression course and has a depth limit of 75 feet.
Good info. I thought deep diver was a required prerequisite

I’m glad you mentioned why you were going the PADI Tec route because the DIR under your avatar and PADI Tec don’t mesh well in my mind.

yeah I can take a GUE doubles primer to get doubles time, but would really like some more time in doubles before I even try to do a GUE doubles primer.

Actually the cert allows 10 minutes of deco that is accelerated with the 50%. However, during the class, you have to base the dive 4 deco 10 minute limit on your non-accelerated deco bottom gas.

Prior to when I took my TEC 40 class, I used doubles 8 times. So I had my weight and trim already dialed in. There was a guy that was also taking the class that did not. I don’t know if he was able to finish in the time he had available. If you are concerned about that, we can set you up for some practice sessions.

Actually the cert allows 10 minutes of deco that is accelerated with the 50%. However, during the class, you have to base the dive 4 deco 10 minute limit on your non-accelerated deco bottom gas.

Prior to when I took my TEC 40 class, I used doubles 8 times. So I had my weight and trim already dialed in. There was a guy that was also taking the class that did not. I don’t know if he was able to finish in the time he had available. If you are concerned about that, we can set you up for some practice sessions.

Thanks. That’s not a bad idea. I’ll hit you up as soon as I know when my dry suit is coming in.

TDI Intro to Tec is closer to PADI Discover Tec.
TDI Intro to Tech is closer to PADI Tec Basics, unless that has been rebranded Discover Tec.

TDI Intro to Tech is closer to PADI Tec Basics, unless that has been rebranded Discover Tec.

TDI ITT is a 2.5 day class. How long is the PADI class?

5208F805-84D2-432B-9EF4-5EB91ABB728C.png
E01438E3-0A54-46F5-B5C3-AA50F5C0B3F6.png

3EDA0D7B-4139-42C2-B34E-39480CD4BEB5.png
Here is TDI’s version.

Padi tec 40 corresponds to TDI advanced nitrox.

The difference is TDI’s advanced nitrox by itself does not include any decompression. So TDI gives credit for tec 40 for advanced nitrox, but padi does not give credit for tec 40 to tdi’S advanced nitrox.

Most people seem to take TDI an and dp at the same time which gets padi tec 45 credit.

Back
Top Bottom