PADI pro website and padi pro questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My number starts with 2. I got DM in 2011 and it says "Instructor number 2...." They said they list all DMs as instructors even though they're not.

That just sounds... bizarre.

Sorry. I should have written "Instructor No. 2_ _ _ _ _ ".

The number you are assigned as a DM will be the number you have for the rest of your Pro career, regardless of how far up the ladder you go. IOW, my DM number is my Instructor number, even though I am currently an IDCS. (Same for my hubby, the CD.)

FWIW, our numbers start with "2"... it's how Canadian pros are numbered. :wink:

Mine starts with 3. Got it here in Saudi, but since my instructor was attached to a UK office, my cert routed through there. Hopefully it won't be an issue if I ever get back to the states. or maybe I'll end up on some tropical island somewhere....hmmmmm....

Sorry. I should have written "Instructor No. 2_ _ _ _ _ ".

I still think that's a bit bizarre. I finally got my DM card in the mail yesterday (long story on why it took so long) and it doesn't say "Instructor No. ..." it says "PADI No. ..." which is closer to what I was expecting it to say when I made my original comment. Maybe this is a recent change? Hopefully my OWSI card will show up in my mailbox in the next couple of days.

I still think that's a bit bizarre. I finally got my DM card in the mail yesterday (long story on why it took so long) and it doesn't say "Instructor No. ..." it says "PADI No. ..." which is closer to what I was expecting it to say when I made my original comment. Maybe this is a recent change? Hopefully my OWSI card will show up in my mailbox in the next couple of days.

You are obsessing! Relax!:shakehead:

Again: the number you get as a DM will be your ID number throughout your Pro career, regardless of the level you ultimately attain.

I'm not obsessing, I just find it odd. I know the number stays the same, not debating that... just that his card says "Instructor No." Either way, I've voiced my confusion, now I'll shut up.

Back
Top Bottom