PADI OW Passed - What next?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

People I have to step out of this debate as I have more pressing concerns on Kalymnos right now.

IMG_20210801_075504_301.jpg

OP, I would say it really depends on what you wish to accomplish.

Personally, the PADI AOW seems to only serve the purpose of getting a cared that says Advanced on it. That might help with some dive ops, but if your goal is to actually learn something, then it’s not the best route. PADI AOW is intended, although maybe not clearly, to expose the diver to some additional specialties, without completing those specialties.

My advice is to go dive. Then figure out what you want to learn/improve on. I’d be shocked if there wasn’t a course available for whatever it is.

That said, a Nitrox course is not a bad idea as a next step. I got OW certified in 1990, then again in 1997, and EAN in 2004. For every tank I’ve paid to fill since then, it’s been an EAN mix.

1. Nitrox 2. Rescue Diver then dive, dive, dive, dive, dive....

Personal experience:
AOW course started on No.16 logged dive.
Take one step at a time and there is NO rush. Just remember this is mainly a recreational sport but also one of the few that will kill the participant.

Have fun.

Back
Top Bottom