PADI or NAUI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Recognition in this context is the acknowledgment of something as valid or as entitled to consideration.

Gotcha. Just depends on how the word "recognition" is being used or defined.

I think we should just compromise here, and all agree Robert should pursue his training with NAPADUI.

:p

I guess the most important thing to remember is PADI is the biggest so it must be the best! Right?

Now where is my glass of Kool-Aid...................:eyebrow:

Hey, those SPAM e-mails I keep getting all promise me that bigger is better!

BDSC:
I guess the most important thing to remember is PADI is the biggest so it must be the best! Right?

Now where is my glass of Kool-Aid...................:eyebrow:

What is best is always an opinion. Some people think bigger is better. For those that do, PADI is best. For those of us that don't, we need to look at what qualities we value to see what is best for us.

How do you define best?

Walter,

That is a double edged question. I am looking to glean as much information about as many organizations that I can. I also would like to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread. You didn't have to spend your time educating me and you did, again, thank you.

Robert,

At this point is is more important that you decide what YOU want to do with your diving and the select the path that will make it easiest. If you want to be an instructor or a guide at a tropical resort, PADI should be (at least right now) your choice, if you want to work out of a shop in the states your options are more open, but you should check the area of the country you want to work in. If you want to do something ... well ... "weirder", like work at Neutral Buoyancy Simulator or be a Diving Supervisor or Diving Safety Officer at an academic institution, NAUI will likely do you better.

Thalassamania,

Thank you, I believe that I have gleaned enough to make an educated decision. Hopefully in 5 yrs or so I can claim to be an SME as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom