PADI Open Water Diver eLearning Tests

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moerby

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everybody, I'm about to begin my voyage towards PADI Open Water Diver certification, first stop being the completion of the PADI Open Water Diver eLearning part. I already passed the eLearning first and second section but I'm wondering if anyone knows what happens should I fail one of the sections? I can't find any info on that. Will I be allowed to retake that section, or is it a one-shot deal where if you fail a section you have to purchase eLearning again and start all over again? :confused:

Thanks!

The goal is to get you to pass. You will have to review the material again, then retake the quiz. As many times as you need within a year.

As Tom said, the goal is to provide you with the theory information that you need to complete the OW course. The tests are just to ensure that you have actually ingrained that information. It isn't pass/fail, like a college academic exam. You keep working at it until you pass the quizzes/exam that shows PADI that the knowledge is familiar to you :)

Same as everyone has said. I took the e-learning course since my work schedule was too chaotic to be able to attend a regular class, I don't think I scored below and 88 on any section. Class was a great beginning. If you need to become more educated, I recommend getting into the rock-bottom teaching of NWgrateful on this board. He will make you think!

Best wishes on getting certified.

Yes! I passed the final exam ...

I got a few questions wrong and I'm totally annoyed with myself for not getting them right. Is there is a way to retake the exam (even though I passed)?

Last edited:
Unless you want to sign up for another eLearning course, no you can't redo the exam.

So you got a few questions wrong. Do you realise why or understand where you went wrong? If you do, mission accomplished.

As long as you have learnt and if faced with the same questions again, you would answer them correctly, don't fret about it.

Now go and enjoy the diving side of it

i just completed the AOW elearning and i suspect it is easier than the OW (my OW was traditional book). The AOW covers the specialties, but the the fundamentals are the same. Each section quiz required 100%, but you can retake until you pass.

Congrats on passing!

Good luck with the wet side of things and enjoy!

So you got a few questions wrong. Do you realise why or understand where you went wrong? If you do, mission accomplished.

As long as you have learnt and if faced with the same questions again, you would answer them correctly, don't fret about it.

That's exactly why I'm kicking myself ... I was hasty and most of the questions I got wrong were all easy questions I knew the answers to. Plus, my dad is doing the course with me so I'm eating a little crow today :blush:

Both of us are really looking forward to the rest of the course though! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom