PADI Member Forum-Honolulu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Universal Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this. So, who's gonna go? If you didn't know:

Techniques for PADI Pros
20 February 2007
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Hilton Waikiki/Prince Kuhio
(formerly Radisson)
2500 Kuhio Avenue
Honolulu, Hawaii 96815
Call for directions:
+1 808 921 5500

I'll be there. I hope to meet some of you there and get to see the few from the SB that I've met already.

Chris

Aloha Chris
Yes I go every year. Its nice to see who is still in the diving game. Some folks I only see at the forum.
Aloha
Roger

I'm sure you'll be coming with your other half. I look forward to seeing you there.

Chris

I was very surprised at the turnout tonight. I was happy to see Roger there. I kind of felt out of place because I'm new to the diving community here on Oahu.

I thought it was very boring though. I didn't really feel motivated to get out and teach diving. I just wanted to go home, eat and kiss my boys before they went to bed.

Any other thoughts?

The place is always packed, but the reason you mention...that's why I stay home :wink:
I'm sure Roger will post his thoughts later :wink:

Yea,

It wasn't exactly a full house but good turnout. In fact, there was an empty seat right next to Roger!

I missed you. I needed a guide to point out the 'Who's who" of this bunch. I guess I can wait until next year. Maybe by then I'll know a few more people (if I ever go diving!).

Chris

Aloha Chris
Some of the folks at the forum I see very seldom, as we all work different parts of the island. I wish more folks would show up, and make it more of a social thing. Perhaps they could make it a bit more interesting. The thing I got from this years forum was that now a divemaster can teach UW Photograpy, after a course with a PADI CD.
I think Lisa should go for that.
Aloha
Roger

That would be right up her alley! After the forum I was asked to have a beer with one of the members but I'm really not a bar guy.

Chris

Nice, as in sit down and use the correct silverware, red wine with red meat, kind of nice dinner?

Or a casual gathering with decent food and fun conversations with new friends.

I can really get into the second one.

That's one reason I'm here on SB.

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom