PADI dry suit orientation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you everyone for the answers. I do own a dry suit and have dove around 10 dives with it. I must admit that I wasn't certified at all during those dives. I'd rather not do the dry suit cery at all but I guess if I might not have much of a choice to do it.

If you're already diving and own a drysuit, I'd just take the cert in a rental wetsuit if they're going to be annoying about it. Sounds like it isn't worth the hassle if you don't actually need the drysuit cert.

For some of the stuff above, if I ever "need" a drysuit cert, I'll just issue it to myself or call a buddy to give me one. Most of the tech divers and instructors that I know who dive dry regularly do not have a drysuit cert and have never been asked about one...

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for the answers. I do own a dry suit and have dove around 10 dives with it. I must admit that I wasn't certified at all during those dives. I'd rather not do the dry suit cery at all but I guess if I might not have much of a choice to do it.

Sounds like the OP was doing what I've heard referred to as "outlaw" diving - diving, but holding no cert at all.

I must admit that I wasn't certified at all during those dives. I'd rather not do the dry suit cery at all
Most of the people I know dive exclusively dry. They took their OW (or CMAS 1*) dry and just continued to dive dry - which is the only sensible thing to do around here. Most of them don't have a DS cert.

Back
Top Bottom