PADI DM eLearning Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving Dubai

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Have done a (brief site search) and a google search, but no definitive answer. I have emailed my area PADI office but its the weekend. I'm away so can't ask the question of my instructor

In the DM elearning it talks about Scuba review course (taught by a DM) with minimum entry of 10 years old

However in the Instructor manual (2016 edition) there is no Scuba review but Reactivate Program. This has a minimum entry age of 13 years.

Has The reactivate program replaced the Scuba review (and PADI not updated eLearning - which would be a tad disappointing?) or am I (an my manual) missing something?

Last edited:
That is correct. The PADI ReActivate program replaced the Scuba Review. Also, in 2016 the Registration for all PADI digital courseware was aligned with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). This means that the minimum age for the ReActivate program was reduced to 10 years old.

Brilliant, thank you.

I'm a little disappointed that PADI haven't amended the slides on their eLearning, Ho hum

Brilliant, thank you.

I'm a little disappointed that PADI haven't amended the slides on their eLearning, Ho hum
that's why you need to review everything with your instructor and keep up with quarterly training bulletins

that's why you need to review everything with your instructor and keep up with quarterly training bulletins

I understand discussing with you instructor, which I'll do when back in country

Quarterly training bulletins - Not accessible until you're certified as a Padi Pro and have a log in?

The fact is the eLearnign refers you to the instructor manual and the eLearnign is clearly out of date (I presume for a couple of years?)

If it were the printed manual, then I can understand it being out of date, but would expect a small printed addendum covering the changes

given eLearning is from a HTML webpage, it shouldn't be too hard to make a timely amendment. Especially for a publishing company?

Quarterly training bulletins - Not accessible until you're certified as a Padi Pro and have a log in?

The fact is the eLearnign refers you to the instructor manual and the eLearnign is clearly out of date (I presume for a couple of years?)

If it were the printed manual, then I can understand it being out of date, but would expect a small printed addendum covering the changes

given eLearning is from a HTML webpage, it shouldn't be too hard to make a timely amendment. Especially for a publishing company?
right - you don't have access until you're a pro - but your instructor does and should be mentoring you through the process. on the other hand - yes stuff should get updated in a more timely manner - but it doesn't - you need to accept it and work with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom