(PADI) Divemaster looking for work in tropical waters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all I'm looking for a job as a divemaster.
My name is Sebastiaan van Dorst, 26 years old and from the Netherlands.

I have experience of some 100 to 130 dives as a divemaster in Thailand, around Phuket Island, day-trips to Racha Island and day-trips Phi Phi Island dive sites. Before Thailand I have been diving in Curacao (the Caribbean’s) and the Red Sea in Egypt.

I learned a lot in Thailand where I’ve been guiding different kinds of customers with all different languages, from skilled Dutch divers up to Chinese divers that can’t swim or barely speak English. Also under difficult conditions: day-trips with high waves when surfacing, visibility up to a maximum of 2 meters and strong currents. These dives were sometimes during a wreck dive (King Cruiser in Phuket) at 32 meters depth for example.

Of course I have my own gear; BCD, regulator, mask, fins, wetsuit, surface marker buoy, pointer, torch and dive computer.

In 2015 I finished my studies as a Technical Information Engineer and I’m going to start my career in August-September as technical officer in the Royal Dutch Navy.

I can speak Dutch (native), English (fluently), German (almost fluently) and French (average).
German I can talk and make briefings for and with customers without any problem.
In French I am able to make an understandable DSD briefing for example.

After 4 months in Thailand, I am currently looking for new experiences and hope to find this in other tropical waters from end of March until around end of July.

References can be obtained from Robert Klein, owner of the Merlin Dive Center in Kamala, Phuket in Thailand.

288p6hc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom