PADI Dive Instructors Wanted to Lead Liveaboard Program in Caribbean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

staffinquiry

Registered
Reaction score
Broadreach is urgently seeking a few more dive instructors to join our team for a summer position based out of St Martin.

Dive instructors work alongside a marine biologist, skipper, or another dive instructor to successfully lead 12 and 21 day programs for high school and middle school students. In addition to teaching diving, instructors work with their co-leader to supervise students 24/7, facilitate group dynamics, assist students with cooking and cleaning dues, lead games, and other program activities.

Broadreach maintains a small group size of 12 students or less led by two instructors. Our strongest instructors are flexible, team players who excel in quickly changing scenarios, while maintaining a supportive fun, and cohesive community. Instructors and students live aboard 40 ft. catamarans and monohulls.

Qualifications:

· PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor certification with active teaching status.
· Specialty teaching certifications or willingness to obtain some of the following: underwater naturalist, boat diver, AWARE-coral reef conservation night diver, wreck diver, deep diver.
· Great communication skills and a professional demeanor to serve as a Broadreach ambassador.

Preferred Skills & Experience:

· Previous experience working with teens or young adults, preferably in a camp or 24/7 setting.
· Significant international travel experience.
· Sailing experience ideal for our Caribbean programs.

Instructors are provided a daily stipend, food & accommodations, and a flight stipend.

Our season runs from May 31 to August 24

To apply please complete an application and submit a resume here: Jobs

Attachments

• padi-lp-15.jpg
    padi-lp-15.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Sailing-Instructor-job-Page-Carousel-Images-4.jpg
    Sailing-Instructor-job-Page-Carousel-Images-4.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 129
So pay to play? How much is daily stipend?
Hi grantctobin, great question. Our rates vary based on experience, certifications and length of contract, but I can message you with an estimate.

Why not post the estimate?
I commend that Brodreach is trying to fill a need and that accom and meals are worth some calculable value to certain people, and even acknowledge that Broadreach may have takers…that said, I vote any job posting include publicly the estimated comp.

E.g if I were to take on the above and be on the clock 24/7 for 77 days of teaching and babysitting, I would make less than $1/hr after accounting for flight credit and assuming no valuation of room/board/food.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom