Packing, Travel, Resort and Diving Tips for SB SURGE 2018 Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve never flown to dive before. And I haven’t flown in years. I’ve purchased an Akona globetrotter bag for my carry on. I’ve got my bcd, computer, reg and odds and end things packed inside. The bag is designed to secure your fins to the exterior sides of the bags. My question is how nit picky are they on carry on? The bag dimensions are within Deltas measurements. Just not the fins. Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.

I’ve never flown to dive before. And I haven’t flown in years. I’ve purchased an Akona globetrotter bag for my carry on. I’ve got my bcd, computer, reg and odds and end things packed inside. The bag is designed to secure your fins to the exterior sides of the bags. My question is how nit picky are they on carry on? The bag dimensions are within Deltas measurements. Just not the fins. Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.

Since you haven't traveled in years, there have been a lot of changes. With all the baggage fees, many are putting as much as possible into carryons and overhead space to stow the bags have become quite crowded. I would put them in your carry on or in your checked luggage. They might not say anything, but there's a good chance they would. Also, it might not be a problem on the way down and then a problem on the return. You just never know and you wouldn't want them to make you pay and check the bag at the last minute when boarding.

Funny you should say that, Roxanne. I drove up to Denver late this morning with the intent of completing the packing for Mrs Dish, but its all everywhere and hard to figure what goes in the checked bag and what goes into her carry on. That said, I’m packed, weighed and ready to rock. I’ll just wait for Mrs Dish to come home and help me sort out the rest.

We’re spending the night at the hotel at the airport as we have a 5 AM departure. Mo’ money, but we don’t have to get up at 2 AM.

Save some Mexican food for us! We get in around 7 PM.

Funny you should say that, Roxanne. I drove up to Denver late this morning with the intent of completing the packing for Mrs Dish, but its all everywhere and hard to figure what goes in the checked bag and what goes into her carry on. That said, I’m packed, weighed and ready to rock. I’ll just wait for Mrs Dish to come home and help me sort out the rest.

We’re spending the night at the hotel at the airport as we have a 5 AM departure. Mo’ money, but we don’t have to get up at 2 AM.

Save some Mexican food for us! We get in around 7 PM.

Actually, you 2 will be on that last flight onto Bonaire with us. :p

Back
Top Bottom