Pacific Scuba and Rental Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ECPaul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We're going to be heading to Puerto Vallarta the first week in October, and we've read some good things about the Pacific Scuba dive op there. When I checked their website I noticed that they include dive gear in each of their trips. Although this is a bit unusual (it appears that they don't charge extra), even "free gear" that's not good quality won't appeal to me.

So...have any of you folks who've dove with Pacific Scuba ever used their gear? If so, what kind of quality and condition was it?

I'll probably end up just lugging all of my stuff down anyway, but the thought of packing "light" for a change is always tempting...

Oh, and any ideas of water temps there the first week in October?

Thanks in advance for any info.

I used their gear on my Discovery Dives a few years back (I've since got certified and now pack my own gear down there), but I wasn't unhappy with the quality of their rental stuff.

Feel free to email them about your questions, current conditions and what to expect in October. scuba@pvnet.com.mx Javier and his group are very service oriented.

I've been there in December and in May and I use a 5/4mm wetsuit.

Have a great trip!

I used it a lot before I got my own. I've been diving with them A LOT - since I'm local to the area. I haven't heard any complaints on my dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom