P-10/MPK-PHA pictures from GBR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sean00xj

Reaction score
This are picks from my great barrier reef trip with my sony p-10. I just got the camera a couple days before this trip and this was the first time taking it under water. I dove on the Spirit of Freedom out of Cairns, it was fantastic, quick question. I think I left the o ring grease and the spare o ring at the hotel in Cairns, where can I get new grease? I am going to thailand in 3 days and plan on doing some diving. Is it OK to take it down without grease on the Oring?

Dont know what kind of fish this is

Angel fish?

Another I don't know

now this is a clown, tomato?

and a morey eel?

Puffer fish

The links seem to work now.

I am pretty sure these are your mystery fish:
#1 Scribbled Pufferfish ( Arothron mappa)
#2 Coral Beauty ( Centropyge bispinosa)
#3 Headband Humbug

Who did you dive with? The guides on board should have been able to tell you what you saw.

There are some great books out there, if you want to carry them around while you travel. Many dive operators will have ID books on the boat and/or back at the shop - some may even let you playback your images on the tv instore so you can ID right on the spot!

You've gotta make sure you have o-ring grease- do not dive with a dry o-ring! Read the manufacturer's instructions for the specific type (if any)...again, many dive centres will have the correct grease for sale in store.

Does it have to be sony grease, the documenatation with the marine pack said it did, will I be able to get this in thailand. I dove with Spirit of Freedom. It was absolutley amazing. I would recomend them with 100% confidence. They have the books onboard but I didn't even think about ID'ing fish. When I got back to melbourne I realised it would be great to know exactly what I saw.

...look like Clarke's anemonefish. Two white stripes, white tail and the chunky shape are clues.

Tomato clowns are usually a deep red-orange colour and they have a single white stripe behind the face.

Z

Nice shots. Try to get closer if you can and believe it or not I've used the zoom a couple of times on a subject that runs or hides if you get to close.

Sean, I would not worry about the grease, you should not need any. A year and half with a Sony P5 and I've greased the o-ring (the original o-ring) once. Just got back from Bonaire with out any problems, no grease and original o-ring. Now I did inspect and clean after every dive although I did not remove from the housing.

Nice pics.
So I guess ur happy with the setup.
Ill be testing mine out in a quarry this weekend and key largo next month.
I noticed that the housing doesnt have a button to press the screen on/off camera button.

The LCD button can not be accessed in the UW housing. Very important that it be on in full display before you put the camera in the case. Make that mistake a few times, LCD off in the case.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom