OzTek 09 update!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife

Vegemite Mod
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
woohooo - technically this belongs elsewhere but as we're taking to a particular group of people im going to post this here until i get my hand slapped :D

so who is going to OzTek 09??

Media Release
(05/01/09)
OZTeK'09
OZTeK Conference

Thousands $$$ in Prizes to be won at OZTeK?9

Combining speaker presentations, seminars and workshops with an action-packed dive exhibition offering unique insights into tomorrowÃÔ world of diving adventure, everyone attending OZTeK?9 whether as a Conference Delegate, a visitor to the Exhibition; a Gala Dinner guest or as an entrant in the Underwater Imagery Competition has the opportunity to win one of the tens of thousands of dollars in trips and dive equipment that have already been generously donated as prizes.

PRE-BOOKED GOLD PASSES
Everyone purchasing a Gold Conference Pass before February 27th (Details at: OZTeK Tickets & Passes ) will be automatically entered into the Opening Ceremony draw to win:

A 7-night dive trip to Tulagi Resort, Solomon Islands, courtesy of, Solomon Airlines, Tulagi Dive, Vanitas Lodge and Dive Adventures.

LUCKY DOOR PRIZES
Periodically throughout the weekend, visitors to the OZTeK?9 Exhibition will have the opportunity to win overseas dive trips and equipment that already includes:

A 7-night dive trip to the Solomon Islands, courtesy of Invader Charters.
7 nights accommodations at Tawali Resort, Papua New Guinea for one person, courtesy of Tawali Adventures.
A 7-night dive trip to Santo Island, Vanuatu for 1 person, courtesy of Air Vanuatu, Deco Stop Lodge and Dive Adventures.
A 7-night trip to Hideaway Island, Port Vila, Vanuatu for 1 person, courtesy of Air Vanuatu, Hideaway Island Resort and Dive Adventures.
A Zeagle Flathead XP First & Second stage regulator, courtesy of Scuba Imports with choice of DIN or Yoke fitting.
Two limited edition Á¤losed Circuit Dive Club T-shirts and two Á¤CR Closed Circuit Refresher DVDÃÔ courtesy of C-19
A 7-night trip to Matava Resort, Kadavu, Fiji for two people courtesy of Matava Resort and Diversion Dive Travel.
... and more!

GALA AWARDS DINNER
To be held at Dockside Cockle Bay on the evening of Sunday 22nd March, everyone attending the Gala Awards Dinner has an opportunity to win great prizes that already include:

A ten-night dive trip to Lissenung Island Resort, Kavieng, in Papua New Guinea for 1 person, courtesy of: Air Niugini; Lissenung Island Resort and Dive Adventures.

As well as the Áªndustry Recognition and Á°utstanding Achievement Awards that will be announced on the evening, this yearÃÔ recipient of the OZTeK Technical Diver of The Year Award, will receive:

A VRX Mixed Gas Dive Computer, courtesy of VR Technologies.

UNDERWATER IMAGERY COMPETITION
Sponsored by Scubapro Australia, the great range of prizes for the OZTeK?9 Underwater Imagery Competition already includes:
A 7-night dive trip to the Solomon Islands, courtesy of Invader Charters
An 8-night trip to Nusa Island Resort, Kavieng, in Papua New Guinea, courtesy of: Scuba Ventures, Nusa Island Retreat , Air Niugini and Dive Adventures.

To be held at Australian Technology Park, Sydney on 21 22 March 2009, further information on all thatÃÔ happening at OZTeK?9 - as well as full details of all of the prizes on offer can be viewed on the website at: OZTeK Conference

For further information about the OZTeK'09 Event; logos, speaker images, etc., please, don't hesitate to contact me. I'll be happy to assist.

With very best regards

David

-----------

David Strike
Convenor
OZTeK'09 Diving Technologies Conference & Exhibition
PO Box 1128
Dee Why
NSW 2099
Australia

Tel: +61 (2) 9971 2559
Fax: +61 (2) 9981 2950
Mobile: +61 0411 254 066
e-mail: strikinc1@optusnet.com.au

Ill be there but not sure as yet which day I will be attending.

i'm not allowed to go... my bank manager and missus said so

Not sure if we are going ... it seems as tho it is a bit technical for us dork divers

last year i bought a day pass only, which means you get to check out the booths and a general chit chat and get together with lots of divers. you dont get to attend the lectures with the day pass but i still enjoyed the social

i didnt find it too techie.... booths were the caving assoc, a couple of rebreather booths, travel booths, a couple of dive shops and you got to touch and play with new equipment (Hollis, uwatec) ect so it wasnt full on techie i thought

this year both hubby and i have gold passes :bounce2:

I think there is something for everyone regardless if you are into tech diving or not.

I think it comes down to if you want to attend lectures of not, in regards to the tickets you purchase.

just a reminder to all that this weekend is OzTek :bounce2:

both hubby and i have tickets and i know Sas is flying up to sydney for 2 full days of presentations :bounce2:

Yep I'll be there :) Getting up at 4am tomorrow for my flights though :depressed::shocked2: (tickets at 6am were super cheap :wink:). Flying back Monday at 6 to Melb so I will get two nights in Sydney :)

Looking forward to the conference... and also catching up with my sister who has a weekend off Navy for once! :D

nice Sas... i dont know what time we'll be there so will be looking for you!!!

we're bringing poor dave strike a nice bottle of malt for his efforts in arranging oztek.... im guessing by the end of the weekend he'll need it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom