Oz liveaboard Q's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wb10005

Registered
Reaction score
Guys, my fiancee and I are planning to hit Mike Ball, Taka , or maybe something smaller for the 5 day Coral Sea trip in Nov/Dec of 06. Food is a big issue for me, as well as being able to have a couple of beers and read a book or watch a flick at night.

Does anyone know if Mike Ball is still overcharging us Yanks ?? I am a mere public servant (City cop) -- this is a once in a lifetime trip for me, and if he's Anti-Yank policy is still in effect, I'd rather give my bucks to someone who will at least hide their contempt and take my money with a smile.

Maybe I can hook up with some of my Irish convict relative ancestors in Taz and get a $$$$ break, no ?

Most of all be safe !!!!!!! Thanks for the responses.

Mikes operation constantly gets rave reviews and the food is excellent.

There is no antiyank pricing policy with mike ball. There is a comprehensive letter regarding this from Mikes operation here http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=48669&postcount=29. They offer a fixed price trip to their overseas markets, and the price can be fixed in the overseas currency for several years. However as the A$ drops and rises, as it has done over the past year, there can be a positive or negative difference between the price trip in US$ and A$.

I have not heard of anyone being disappointed by the service, food or diving on one of his trips.

I've dived with undersea explorer on the coral sea - it's a more basic boat but the diving was still great and the food and staff were great. A search here will provide reviews for most operators.

Cheers,
Rohan.

Thanks a million, Tas.

I'll be booking this week w/ MB.

Hi there,

Mike Ball has always been rated as a first class operation among our customers, with a well trained, experienced, and friendly staff that make your trip very pleasant.
Let us assure you that there are no such antiyank pricing policies, not for our japanese customers either.

Food onboard is excellent . The liveaboard is proffesionally run, departs on time and all procedures are put in place to ensure passengers safety.

Cheers and safe diving!

www.save-money-diving-australia.com

Back
Top Bottom