Oxygen Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hopefully my tables work better than the emergency kit and I'll never need the chamber :)

I was thinking more along the lines of da aquamaster: drill a tiny opening through a filled QD fitting, connect it to a hose, and to a CPR mask with o2 inlet, and call it a day.

http://www.edge-gear.com/HOG_QUICKSHOT_INFLATOR_p/3052.htm

Yeah, I could just put something like that on a face mask, possibly? I don't know if there is some face mask well suited to having an old 2nd stage attached.. Then I don't need to worry about needle valves or flow.

Ok a O2 mask is cheap 4 to 6 bucks go to your local EMS and ask if they have an Nonrebreather mask you can have. or a simple mask. if the medics are cool they may just give you one tell them what it's for. a nonrebreather has to run at 10 lpm, and the simple mask has to run no lower then 6 lpm. The nonrebreather will have the little bag on it. The simple mask won't. so no matter what you do to get the O2 from your tank to your mask just make sure that is flows good volume to run the mask.

i have 2 "e" size al 's with toggle tops the cu ft is 24 for "e" size and one of these with a non rebreather mask

Just had an interesting thought...

If you connect a regular regulator capable of 100% oxygen (Something like a Mk2/R-whatever), attach it to a mask, you have the aforementioned OMS demand system.

If you get a spare face plate, and add a bolt & screw, you can set-up a constant flow using the 2nd stage valve. It's not going to be massively accurate, but this set-up should give you a nearly universal oxygen provisioning system to keep 1-2 casualties oxygenated until the professionals show up (I figure with an SPC of 25L/min (.88 cuft) per diver times two I have 16 minutes of oxygen from a re-purposed breathing apparatus 4L 200 (28 cuft))

Gerbs

I agree with EMS, get a (or a couple, they're cheap or free) non-rebreather masks.

A deco bottle won't have an LP hose, but you'll have to make due or have a small hose on your deco reg's first stage to standard BD LP QD.

Armed with a male LP QD 1/4" pipe thread, you can adapt a needle valve on one side and a hose barb fitting on the other side. The non rebreather mask fitting will go right onto the barb fitting. Throttle the needle valve to keep the non rebreather bag almost full.

You'll need something like Trident's AA04
http://www.tridentdive.com/air accessories.pdf

And a needle valve like this
Needle Valves: Straightway Needle Valve (FPT)

And a barb fitting like MPT-3-4
Pipe Thread Hose Barbs: Male Pipe Tapered Hose Barb

Back
Top Bottom