Oxygen concentrator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jale

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi
Is any one here is using or has used an oxygen concentrator.
I do know you cannot get 100% pure oxygen.
Thanks

I believe @tbone1004 has used one for getting O2 before.

Hi
Is any one here is using or has used an oxygen concentrator.
I do know you cannot get 100% pure oxygen.
Thanks

works fine for OC stuff. Have to pay a bit more attention on CCR due to calibration and argon buildup. It's my primary means of generator O2 for nitrox

thanks for your answers.
I can't really get any good practical output from that I have read...
Can you tell me what do you get from this? I mean, do you get a constant flow of oxy at 1 bar and you need to directly boost it to be stored? Or you got an inbuilt storage container in the machine, how much bar?
well you get my point:)
I am aware of the argon problem. In fact is to be used for a front ccr to "play" near the surface...It is a pita to get oxy hereeven for welding...

@jale the only problem in CCR diving is you have to do a flush every 15 minutes or so since the argon builds up and is heavily narcotic.

post #14 shows some info on my setup
Workbench Update!

basically it is a PSA oxygen concentrator that also has a compressor mounted to it that pumps direct to scuba tanks. It will also provide continuous flow for blending, but a concentrator that small doesn't put out enough for a big compressor.
Several manufacturers have boosters designed for this application though. Invacare homefill, Rix microboost *yes this was actually designed around PSA oxygen concentrators*, Philips Ultrafill *only one that will go to 3000psi*, and a few others.

yes, the argon is the thing which put me off went i was checking this a few years ago.
But, with flushes and being ready to drive the rb as an "almost" scr, would be fine for what i want to do right now.
thanks for the link and the details. going to have a look:)

I use one and fill 2200 psi O2 bottles to do PP blending nitrox. It's a invocare homefill set up. Makes perhaps 200+ cuft a day of 96% O2. 2 days to fill a standard 5' tall O2 bottle used for standard acetalyne rigs. These systems can be hard to get because they need a perscription to get one. but some will sell for hobby use. (glass works etc.) I think you can still get the concentrator and compuressor for about 1000 $ and then there is an adaptor hose that is needed to connect to fill tanks that may be 100 $ unless you hae one of hte designed carry around tanks to get the part from. There are other solutions of course. Keep the unit indoors or somewhere where it is dry and low humidity and the concentrator will last a long time. I will post pics of what i have if any one want s to see them. PM me.

20181123_083630[1].jpg

thanks.
if i get it correctly, the concentrator has its own compressor (or it is an add on?). you link it to the large storage tank. you turn the machine on and you let it run for two days to get 2200psi in the storage tank that you use after for your pp blending
right?

thanks.
if i get it correctly, the concentrator has its own compressor (or it is an add on?). you link it to the large storage tank. you turn the machine on and you let it run for two days to get 2200psi in the storage tank that you use after for your pp blending
right?
teh concentrator is bottom right by the tanks. look up near teh top of the O2 tanks there is a unit on a red box. that is the add on compressor. tanks are supposed to lay in a cradle to attach to the output fitting. since you can not do that with the green tanks inthe picture you hae to have an adaptor hose and a fitting from a compatable tank for a charging whip the tanks for the system have a special fitting to fit in the can like looking thing on the fill hose nearest the compressor.

look at this link to see how it was designed to be used

HomeFill II System | Invacare | Cylinders / Tanks | Tri-Med,Inc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom