Own a piece of your own Cayman dive resort!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ken Dart does have 12 million. Maybe he wants to buy another piece of the Cayman Islands.
By the way,I think Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every minute".

I think the Cayman Islands should reward @KathyV for her role as ambassador here on ScubaBoard! Let her manage the resort and attract tourists, in return for free lodging and diving!

The article is very limited but can tell you first hand those in his hotels have been super appreciative of what he has done. There is so many other things that don’t make the news it is incredible. Even just the number a people that are getting a really nice hot meal a day is staggering but that is just the tip of the iceberg.

I think the Cayman Islands should reward @KathyV for her role as ambassador here on ScubaBoard! Let her manage the resort and attract tourists, in return for free lodging and diving!

Thanks so much for the kind words but I don't have the skills (or the desire) to manage a resort!

That advertisement has to do with the type of license that Southern Cross has.

With certain categories of license, a requirement for annual renewal is that you advertise for Cayman investors.

That’s interesting. The TBL for the dive op we have an interest in doesn’t work that way. When a new position opens up we have show proof that we advertised it in a local paper to see if any Caymanians want the job. A requirement of the TBL being granted in the first place is that the partner with the major interest in the business is Caymanian. There are very very few instances where a Caymanian is not the major shareholder in a local business which is why sometimes the advertising some ops do is a bit of a stretch. Most watersports TBLs fall into that category from the biggest to the smallest. Maybe the present Caymanian partner is pulling out which basically means that portion of the holding is for sale.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom