OW instructors need ideas? Newly certified divers, need practice ideas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Émersion seems to be the correct name in french of that event whose goal is to get on a floating buoy a 6 kg object. (Don't ask me more, everything I know is from the English and French Wikipedia articles and learned 5 minutes ago)

Émersion seems to be the correct name in french of that event whose goal is to get on a floating buoy a 6 kg object. (Don't ask me more, everything I know is from the English and French Wikipedia articles and learned 5 minutes ago)
The Wikipedia page you linked describes this competition as "Immersion 6kg".
As these sports are born in not-English speaking EU countries, such as Spain, France, Italy and Germany, the proper name in English is always uncertain.

The Wikipedia page you linked describes this competition as "Immersion 6kg".
As these sports are born in not-English speaking EU countries, such as Spain, France, Italy and Germany, the proper name in English is always uncertain.

I linked to the English Wikipedia page as I though (and still think) it would be more accessible to the current audience. The French one is using "Émersion d'un objet - Parachute". (A note for those having trouble to find the correct translations of more of less technical terms for which general purpose dictionaries are of little use, looking at the corresponding Wikipedia pages is often useful, Wikipedia tending to be good at using official names -- even when they aren't the one more commonly in used which is sometimes a pain. In the current case I just confirmed the usage further by looking at the CMAS and FFESSM web sites).

BTW, for those who didn't notice it, the event which Facebook Live captured is the French Championship which happened on the 3rd of June of this year, organized by the FFESSM, the French member of the CMAS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom