OW Dive Sites Out of Beaufort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ritzcat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hello,

I've been out with Discovery in July/Aug and I'm looking to take another trip with my newly certified Junior OW buddy. I've done the U-352 and the Papoose offshore myself but know he can't do anything offshore.

I wasn't aware that inshore was a possibility until I emailed discovery. What is your experience diving inshore? What are the conditions like? We're heading out in late Oct. We're aiming for the Radio Island rock jetty & maybe a few inshore dives.

Temp in Oct?
Vis?
Conditions around 60ft?
What to see?
Dive site names?

The Indra and JJF tugs are two good inshore dives, at around 60'. The Indra is becoming quite broken apart, but it's been down for a while, so there's often lots of life to see. I've seen the occasional sand tiger shark there (but they're much less common than the offshore sites). Also, lots to see on the JJF tugs and good for finding shells and sand dollars. Visibility tends to be a bit lower and more variable than the offshore sites. I've had viz inshore of 50'+ and some days as little as 10'.

The Indra and JJF tugs are two good inshore dives, at around 60'. The Indra is becoming quite broken apart, but it's been down for a while, so there's often lots of life to see. I've seen the occasional sand tiger shark there (but they're much less common than the offshore sites). Also, lots to see on the JJF tugs and good for finding shells and sand dollars. Visibility tends to be a bit lower and more variable than the offshore sites. I've had viz inshore of 50'+ and some days as little as 10'.

Thanks for the recommendation on the tugs!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom