Overheard at the beach....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc Harry

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I was shore diving yesterday at a popular beach. There were two big, fat women in their 30s surrounded by eight children. I heard them say,

"Oh, look a scuba diver!"

"I had a rich boyfriend once who was a scuba diver. You know, scuba divers are just bored, rich people who don't have anything better to do with their time."

"Oh, that doesn't sound like any fun...."

So, did you try to get them back in the water to save them?

Oh, I'm gonna pay for that one...

I thought we already knew that , but just didn't say it out loud???

How can you be rich AND be a SCUBA diver? If we had more money we'd just buy more stuff! And when we ran out of stuf to buy, we'd buy a boat (and then hire the crew) and if we STILL had more money left we'd buy a tropical island so we could just walk out of our house and drop in! (then by that time there'd be more gear to buy...)

I think we divers are rich compared to many. Having the time and the finances to pursue an expensive activity for fun. That is being rich.

On the other hand, fat people in many countries are considered rich as well; it is a status symbol of prosperity. Relatively speaking these women are affluent as well....

It is all against who/what you reference it. And how much you reference it...

wardric:
I'm bored. Let's go diving :D
Cool, I'm in. BTW Who are those two HOT chicks on your arm?? I didn't know you had it in you.:D

Rich in adventure because I am a diver and poor in finance because I am a diver.

No other way to live.

Exploring God's creation one breath at a time.

OScar

Back
Top Bottom