Oval mask for smaller (woman's) face?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunately I didn't start quite that far back--would you settle for a 1969 Southern California kelp forest?

Unfortunately I didn't start quite that far back--would you settle for a 1969 Southern California kelp forest?[/QUOTE]
Am I doing this quote thing wrong?[/QUOTE]

I'm certainly not an authority on quoting messages here but what usually works for me is to simply click on "Reply" within the other member's message. That will quote everything they said and from there you can delete the parts that don't apply but be careful not to delete anything within the brackets
aquacat8....:
or the brackets themselves.

You managed to do two quotes so you are already more advanced than I am.

Well, there you go. I did an example of the brackets and it made it into a quote.

Ah thank you, that explains it, I was deleting the first bracket!

Unfortunately I didn't start quite that far back--would you settle for a 1969 Southern California kelp forest?
Heck yeah... but with a modern wetsuit! I bet you saw a lot more and larger fish! Was ab still down there then?[/QUOTE]

Actually I have (access to) two women's 1/4" farmer john wetsuits but I think the oldest is probably around 1980. There are still some big fish out here but I have not personally seen an abalone for some time. However, after many years of moratorium I did begin to see some nice-sized abs but they had not recovered enough to allow fishing of them. Rumor has it that there may be abs in Northern California but I have never gone diving North of Palos Verdes.

OTOH I have had abalone and lobster cooked in the galley off of Catalina, but that was many years ago. And speaking of big, I saw a jellyfish (medusa?) at Catalina that must have been 15' in diameter and 25-30 feet long! That was also a long time ago so it's possible it grew a little since I saw it :wink:

And speaking of big, I saw a jellyfish (medusa?) at Catalina that must have been 15' in diameter and 25-30 feet long! That was also a long time ago so it's possible it grew a little since I saw it :wink:

Oops a big jelly ouch! They are one of the few things that he's doing well in the new ocean conditions.

I just looked on eBay and there are a few "vintage" oval masks for sale. I saw one that is a Healthways so you can be pretty sure it's not a modern reproduction.

Most of my gear is from the 60s and early 70s and that's what I still use (except my wetsuit shrunk, along with most of my clothes) so I guess that makes me a time traveler! My regulator is from about 1985 but I did use my old reg and tank and backpack today in the pool, nothing newer than the 60s.

Search for So Dive scuba masks. Original French rubber masks still being made (was/is Sommap I believe). Less than 15 bucks. Buttery soft rubber, not silicone. There are several vintage styles. I have a few myself. Don't know if it's okay to post the vendor's site so I'll leave it to you to do the search.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom