Out of practice from NW Arkansas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rustin

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
New to this group, getting back into diving after 30 years out. Dove county recovery team in mid-80s in nw Arkansas, certified to Divemaster in Saudi in ‘87, then dropped out till Roaton this summer.
now slowly buying equipment to get set back up.
welcome any and all advice!

Welcome to ScubaBoard, and welcome back to diving!

As I submitted with first post, from Nw AR, do we have other folks from this area out there on SB? Interested in contact with divers here who have local experience and can give me a bit of advice on how to access local dive community. As posted, 30 years of no dive life. LOL, I’m not a goober.

FB seems to be the go to place in a lot of areas for setting up dives. I’d check to see if there are any diving groups for your region. Even if there isn’t an official dive club, there may well be a FB group for divers in your area.

Is your gear still good or not, a local dive shop with a pool or acces to one, could confirm and check out what you’d need. And a refresher dive or two once it’s warm out, or in the pool, will confirm to you that you’ve still “got it”. Maybe a private lesson? That could lead to a certification if you don’t still have one.
I suspect I’m telling you what you already know here.

Then you could look at groups and destinations. I don’t know about your area. But a long drive to Houston /Freeport would get you a liveaboard out to the Marine Sanctuaries.

Given your history with county recovery team and DM certification, I suspect that it won't take too long to bring your skills back up to a standard you are happy with. On that note, how was your dive experience in Roatan?

Back
Top Bottom