Out of practice diver in Puerto Rico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elusion

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all,

So I really enjoyed doing my PADI OW in Kenya two years back and then life happened, I tried to do my AOW in Mexico last year but a hurricane had just passed by and the shops weren't open yet.

I will be heading to Puerto Rico and/or US Virgin Islands, restrictions to stay within US territories have made these constraints...

I plan on doing some refresher dives(I just have my 4 OW dives) and then doing the AOW. I'm planning this as a scuba only holiday to get back into the groove..

I read that Culebra is better than Vieques. I'm open to diving on both ends of the Island and in USVI. I have time just location constraints. I was thinking of doing the East end and then moving to the west end. Hoping to do atleast 10-15 dives.

Does anyone know of good dive shops and have recommendations for the AOW? It seems like most places just do dives not the training, so more advanced people.

And anyone headed there to find myself a dive buddy? :)

Thanks a lot!!

EDIT: I'm thinking of doing the refresher dive in New York itself. So a plan of action could be do some dives in the east, head to USVI, do the AOW, head to western PR and do some fancier dives. Too much? I have 2-3 weeks dedicated to diving! Don't know how much $$$ though!! :)

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom