Ouroboros

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

J1M1

Reaction score
Anyone have any comments on this rebreather. Looks like it is priced similar to the inspiration. It has onboard deco however, 2 hud's partial loop flood recovery. Wondering if anyone had any comments.. J.D.

jaydee197:
Looks like it is priced similar to the inspiration. It has onboard deco however, 2 hud's partial loop flood recovery.
It looks very nice indeed, but I strongly doubt it will be priced similar to the Turtle. Partly for the reasons you've already listed and for its 'updated Mk16 personality' and partly for reasons of scale. My guess is it will be more than twice the price of an Inspiration. I'm sure it will find many buyers even so, it seems a very capable RB judging by its product spec. Perhaps somebody has fresh info straight from Kevin? Stefan? :wink:

jaydee197:
Anyone have any comments on this rebreather. Looks like it is priced similar to the inspiration. It has onboard deco however, 2 hud's partial loop flood recovery. Wondering if anyone had any comments.. J.D.
The electronics package on the Ouroboros is also well thought through with similar redundancy to the Meg, as in you can turn individual sensors off if you have abad cell, can shear the cables and the unit will still function, there is a digital readout on the back which your buddy can read and also help if you need to fly manually in the event of you handsets taking a dump. There is also a radial scrubber being designed for the unit in conjunction with ExtendAir which will be a modular stackable scrubber, you add layers according to your dive plan. Pricing is not similar to the Inspiration you are talking somewhere in the region of minimum $ 18,000 this is unit designed with deep exploration in mind and I believe Kevin is talking to the British and German military

fins wake:
Good morning, y'all.
Sorry for the delay, I was in Las Vegas attending the PMA photo convention.
Lots of new stuff, 5MP is all the rage in the compact class, 8 MP in the full size category. For SLR shooters, the Nikon D70 looks good, and the new EOS1 MK2 blew my mind (and everyone else's)!
From a diver's point of view it was somewhat disappointing:
NO UW housing manufacturers! Canon, Olympus and Sony brought the plastic housings for their respective cameras, but no Gates, LMI, Sea&Sea etc. :frown2: Only Leica had the Hugyfot housing for their new 5MP Digilux II. :D

But back to the thread subject, Kevin's deep dive monster:
When I talked to him at DEMA in October he said something about 12 grand. Since that RB is kinda really, really large, I didn't bother asking what currency he was talking about. Either $, Euro (about $15K) or Brit Pounds ($26K), I really don't know.

Janwillem photoraphed the CCR at the Boot show in Germany and said it would be about 12000 Euro, so that seems to be the target.
http://www.therebreathersite.nl/photogallery/Boot2004Walker/boot2004.htm

Back
Top Bottom