Our forthcoming trip to Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gaz,
You used to own the shop at Journey's End? And Steve worked for you? I happen to have talked to the man that used to own that shop right before Steve took over. Can you tell me more about yourself?
Also to Aragorn: What do you mean by (5 tanks)?
And to both of you I do want to welcome you to the scuba board.
I hope this didn't come off any other way, then "friendly" sounding. Sometimes it's hard to see the smile in type.

Natasha,

5 aquariums. 1 20gallon, 1 72gallon, 1 100gallon, 1 112gallon, 1 135gallon. :)

Natasha

How far back would you like me to go with Journeys End resort

Well Originally it was owned by a group of investors and was highlighted on Lifesyles of the Rich and famous approx 10 years ago at that time Larry Parker another Belize Dive operator was the owner and Operator of Journeys End Dive shop, the resort then went into Liquidation and the Walji's (the current owners Purchased the place) at this time i negociated with them and Larry Parker left and i took over the Dive shop at Journeys End for approx 18 months or so.

Steve originally worked for Larry parker and Larry trained Steve up to instructor from basic diver.

Steve stayed on at Journeys End when Larry left and worked for me as an Instructor and Divemaster for the time I was there.

I left and the Neidermyers took over the Dive Shop they were Germans who owned a small resort close to my home here on Ambergris they took over Journeys end and Steve again stayed at journeys End and started to work for the Neidermeyers as new owners of Journeys End Dive Shop.

They ran it for a couple of years and then decided to leave belize all together and offered to sell there equipment and boats to Steve, Steve agreed and he purchased the dive business which was originally called Submariner, Steve changed it to Belize Ocean divers.

After all his years at Journeys End Steve finally got the shop which he so richly deserved.

This is how it is until this day.

Steve continues to be a good friend of mine and natasha if you question my credability pplease check with your contact Mr Hartley whom I knew well before he became marketing manager for the Waljis and have worked with him in the past, he even wrote an article on my operation in the past in one of the dive mags, can't remenber which one it was long ago.

Let me know if you need any additional information on me or my credability

All the best

Gaz Cooper
Gaz Cooper's DIVE BELIZE

Gaz,
I didn't mean it to sound like I questioned your credability. But I knew it would "sound" like I did in type. I simply wanted to know if you were the man I talked to before I brought my group down there and Steve took over. The man whose name escapes me now, (But I will ask Joe) was an avid cave diver and wanted to leave the resort to get into his cave diving more. I was just wondering if that was you.
No harm done, I hope. And if you're a friend of Joe's and Steve's then you're a friend of mine. I love those two guys, and think they are full of class, and dive knowledge.
So sorry if I offened you.
:sunny:

Hi natasha

certainly no damage done I am new here and credability has to be established I understand that.

Steve is a friend Joe is an aquaintance and the chap you spoke to is tom Neidermeyer who was the avid cave diver.

All the best to you and i look forward to contributing to the message forums

Best regards

Gaz Cooper
Gaz Cooper's Dive Belize

Hey folks!

I've posted in the equipment forum regarding the equipment we're bringing to Belize. Tomorrow is the day we leave(YIPPEE!!). I would also like everyone to know that Gaz has been the BEST!!!

We'll be staying at his resort and diving the entire time. Gaz has been tremendously helpful(and patient :)) in helping us with the arrangements and such. We'll be back on the 26th w/ our trip report.

MANY THANKS GAZ!!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom