ots stx-101/M

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AQUAFILM

Registered
Reaction score
Hi
Does anyone can tell me how can I find the deference between AQUACOM STX-101 and STX-101M. I buy one of them on EBay but till this moment I can't recognize what actually it is.
Artur

M=Military.

8 channels instead of 4, 10 watts instead of 5.

Otherwise pretty much the same.

Hard to say without playing with it. The STX-101M has eight channels and the 101 has four. Does it come with a charger and rechargeable batteries? Might be able to tell by the transducer. The STX-101M will come with a 25Khz transducer. It's a minor difference, kinda need to know what one looks like. Are there good photos?

Well the problem is that it came without any transcuder or battery charger... so I think photo won't help...am I right? I know about channels and power diferences but I can't check it until turn it on... creazy...
But... it came with rechargeable batteries and Shure microphone. Does it help?

The transducer is what turns the unit on. Call or e-mail OTS, you can get a replacement transducer and charger. The STX If you have the unit, they can look up the Serial number and may be able to tell you if the unit is a 101M or not. What diver units are you using it to talk to? You might not need the extra channels anyway...

The serial number is on the back of the case, below the hinge.

Ok.So I just contact with OTS and they gave me an answer how to check it without the serial number. Anyway thanks for your help.
PS. We're using it in TV and film industry
Regards

Back
Top Bottom