other dive sites in the upstate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is rock quarry in Walhalla SC but you have to be close knit with the owner. As soon as I find the contact that can get us in I will post on the forum. If you didn't already know there is a new DNR type buoy marking the pump house on Keowee.

I have had alot of luck treasure hunting under docks in Lake Hartwell. So far this year alone I have recovered three clemson class rings. a laptop, and $4000 worth of golfballs that I sold to area driving ranges.

If you don't mind poor visiblity the rail cars that are from an old train reck from 1910 can be reached. They are located between pillars 5 to 7 of the Railroad bridge that crosses the lake near hwy 123 leaves clemson towards Oconee County. Just be carefull because the metal pieces will cut your head as you descend down in the mud. You can also dive Issaqueena Lake its a small lake that dumps water over a damn into lake hartwell. You get there by taking Hwy 123 in Clemson turn right onto Hwy 133 north. When you get to D.W.Daniel High School start looking left for Old Six Mile Road that turns left after a gas station. Go down old Six Mile road a short distance and turn right onto a dirt road labeled Issaqueena Lake road. go several miles and you will see the lake on left. that is a Clemson Univeristy Forrest that horse back riders and mountain bikers use the trails. The are was used during world war 2 as a b-52 practice bombing range. You might even find the old bomb shells under water. I haven't really explored that lake because I only dive it for the county dive team to recovery drowning victims. Come by Upstate Scuba in clemson for more details we are located in Clemson Center on Hwy 76 between hwy 123 and Hwy 93 www.upstatescuba.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom