OT - fuel cost for liveaboard in Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Thai Airways fuel component has added 300 baht to a BKK-PKT ticket recently (100 baht in the last week) and my electricity bill has gone up 500 baht a month, in addition to it costing me 400 baht more (900 baht to 1300 baht for a diesel) to fill my car in the last 2 months - so if you can get current prices on ANYTHING - go for it!!!!

Sunrise:
Er, Tommer - have you booked something already? Why not ask the people you booked with?

Apparently I thought my buddy already booked the dates I asked for, somehow it does not fit in his schedule, therefore the answer is no, I do not have any reservation yet, from other's point of view even if the price will go up it will be around $50 to $100US range which is ok with me.

Tommer

ssra - er .. nobody said that a liveaboard would be double price, la. But I can see the possibility of more boats charging a fuel surcharge to cover the costs.

Sunrise:
The fuel surcharge is no joke. The price has all but doubled in a year since the government lifted it's fuel subsidy. So things like boats and planes are getting expensive to run!
That would also predict general inflation will spike up, at least anything moved around via truck.

Sunrise:
The fuel surcharge is no joke. The price has all but doubled in a year since the government lifted it's fuel subsidy. So things like boats and planes are getting expensive to run!
ssra - er .. nobody said that a liveaboard would be double price,

Opps, misread your post. I guess you meant double in price of fuel, not the trip. Sorry!

I booked on a trip back in February so am glad the prices won't change. Agree with the cost of fuel here, its been going up about once a week by a few satang. Its the locals that will suffer the most, they'll all have to go out and buy brand new fuel efficent cars on credit to replace their gas guzzling Benzes! :D

Somebody I know was going to replace her Mercedes with a diesel version to save on petrol cost! Hmm..something wrong with that picture.

ssra30:
Somebody I know was going to replace her Mercedes with a diesel version to save on petrol cost! Hmm..something wrong with that picture.

Tell her to buy a diesel Volvo S80 instead and save almost THB 1,000,000 :D

oh well, now that diesel price is not subsidized, I guess there is not much point in buying new diesel car :)
I wonder if I can talk her into using her diesel car money to buy me a Lexus :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom