OS drysuit front entry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunkarm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
i have noticed that the front-entry of OS drysuit is horizontal. r they any good?

what the pros and cons of horizontal front entry. thanks

My wife and I both have the HDPRO drysuits and are more than satisfied with them. We have been diving them since March this year We also dive with several others that have had them for several years and have had no complaints.

I like the front entry system for OS. It is very easy to zip and having the horizonal zip allows you to have it in front and you can physically see it zipped. It make self-donning a snap.

I've used the OSSystems HD Pro for about 4 years now, and I love it. The horizontal zipper is easy to use, and I can don & duff the suit without any help. It's a good rugged suit that has been in wreck dives, public safety dives, ice dives, as well as many recreational and instructional dives. It's a great suit with many features that won't brake the bank.
Safe Diving,
George
PADI MSDT

We actually have a Front Entry similiar to the OS version and we have found that it is much easier to enter. The only disadvantage is that there is extra material in the mid section and will have a little more drag while swimming than a Diagonal or a rear entry. I will say that we have only replaced a handful of zippers on this design. If you are swimming a lot, I wouldn't recommend the Horizontal, but if you are doing a lot of boat diving, I highly recommend the horizontal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom