Orlando, FL Divers Direct full air card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

butterfb

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just got back from the Orlando Divers Direct and a little peeved, I guess they will not accept my tanks that just passed VIP and Hydro'd to be filled. I won one of their 12 time air fills card a while ago and since i cant use it wanted to see if maybe someone wanted to trade something for it. It looks like they are worth about $70, but maybe someone has a working LED scuba light or a decent length pole spear they are not using anymore. I'm still a beginning diver but looking at doing more while underwater and already have all basic equipment.

Just curious, why won't they fill the tanks?

Feel free to PM if you don't want to discuss it publicly.

I have never had a problem with them filling my tanks. I like the people at the Orlando store also. Were the VIPs from a real dive shop or those available online? Did the tanks have residual air pressure? Were they 'old' and using the 6351 aluminum?

I do not have a great love of DD but do use them quite a bit (saved and spent a fortune at them). I prefer true LDS' but they often do not carry what I need.

I have three of the Luxfers that were made a few years after the recall but they say their guy wont touch them even since they are after the fact. Scuba Quest were the ones that VIP and hydro'd them again in August, so i just took them back to them to get filled since they also do it in house, could have had them back today but I'm not in a hurry.

There was no recall that I have ever heard of. What tanks do you have? Pre or post 1988 Luxfers?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom